Across the South West our partner regions each have a local energy strategy to accelerate their transition to net zero by 2050.
These strategies alongside local authority Climate Emergency Strategies are used to help prioritise the Net Zero Hub’s project pipeline.
While setting out the local context and recognising opportunities and challenges, each of the strategies contain shared priorities for the South West region and are underpinned by UK government strategy and policy.
These priorities include:
- A commitment to reducing carbon emissions to achieve UK government net zero targets
- Increasing renewable electricity generation
- Improving domestic and estate buildings’ energy performance
- Decarbonising heat
- Developing net zero planning policy
- Growing the green economy
- Decarbonising transport