The Hub’s Public Sector Decarbonisation Skills Service provides free advice, guidance, and a technical knowledge base to deliver the heat decarbonisation of the public estate.
Our aim is to support organisations to develop projects to a position where they are ready to access funding streams, such as the future rounds of the Public Sector Decarbonisation Scheme.
Our work is focused on the decarbonisation of non-domestic buildings. Visit our Housing Retrofit page for support with the decarbonisation of homes.
Who we work with
We work with public sector organisations including:
- Local authorities
- Central government departments
- Multi-academy trusts and schools
- Higher education institutions
- NHS trusts
- Emergency services
Note that we do not work with public corporations, private sector organisations, or registered charities – unless these are non-departmental public bodies as defined by the Cabinet Office.
How can we help
We can work with you at any stage of your decarbonisation journey providing support with:
- Creating your action plan to reduce carbon emissions from buildings
- Carrying out a building portfolio assessment
- Prioritising buildings and identifying carbon-saving measures to be installed in them
- Developing investment grade proposals and heat decarbonisation plans to take forward for internal approval and external funding requests
- Identifying funding programmes and applying to them
Watch a webinar on preparing and progressing decarbonisation plans for schools to find out more about:
- How to apply for funding and what support is available with the application process
- How to use your school’s energy consumption data to identify easy wins to reduce your energy bills and carbon footprint
- MAT and school case study
- Guidance on developing a Decarbonisation Plan
We can support you in applying to funding programmes including:
- Public Sector Decarbonisation Scheme (PSDS): A UK Government programme providing grants for public sector organisations to fund heat decarbonisation (e.g., the replacement of fossil-fuelled boilers) and energy efficiency measures (e.g., the installation of energy efficient lighting). Further funding rounds are expected.
- Low Carbon Skills Fund (LCSF): A UK Government programme providing grants for public sector organisations to engage the expert advice required to develop a heat decarbonisation plan or improve an existing one. Further funding rounds are expected.
If you have other funds available, we are happy to work with you on decarbonising your estate.
For a conversation about how we can help, contact the Hub’s Public Sector Decarbonisation team, contact us.